Thursday, July 6, 2017

Almond Butter

My goal for today was no sugar (Full disclosure, I had a smidge of stevia it is in my supplement and my drink mixer!) It is 7:21 and so far so good.  One problem though.  I love peanut butter.  I love only Peter Pan peanut butter.  Remember that time there was a recall on Peter Pan peanut butter?  I do. Let's not talk about it.

I'm a creature of habit, I love a good consistent routine.  I eat 2 spoons full of peanut butter when I get home. That is just what I do, so today here I come in the house, knowing good and well that I can't have my two spoons full of Peter Pan peanut butter (because I checked the label before I left for work this morning) looking at a greasy jar of almond butter.  This stuff doesn't even look halfway good, plus I had to stir it up for 10 minutes trying to make it look...let's say palatable.


















This could be rough.  But, here it is close to 9:00 - now the almond butter turned out not to be quite so bad and I've enjoyed some sausage and veggies for dinner.  One thing that I am thankful for at this point is that I've spent years trying to get off of sugar, I know this is just one day and that I'll fall off and slip up but I've also made it through the day without crankiness (I mean besides the whole almond butter ordeal...) without a headache, without any major cravings.  I actually have the willpower to follow through.  So I am closing out the day and calling it a success...now, what should I work on tomorrow?
P.S. AND...not only id I teach yoga this morning but I stuck around for Pilates with Tina afterward AND did my afternoon workout with the ladies! 😊

No comments: